Tuesday, February 08, 2005

What the Hell's Wrong With That?!

This will be the signature feature of this blog. I will caste my unrefined eye over the media, and my memory, looking for snarky comments about things that I like. And I will begin to push back.

Middle class values and tastes need to be defended, dammit!

Lileks handles this one pretty awesomely for me though. I don't watch "24", or any other show that requires a commitment of time. I'm a father, a husband, a customer servant and a blogger. That's enough commitments.

Lileks:
Apparently the producers have not just gone mad, but given in to age-old American desires for stereotyping people for devious reasons. Hold tightly to your chair and your hat: "24" suggests that America might be targeted by Islamic extremists.

I am not kidding you.

I'm happy with that quote to whet your curiousity. RTWT. (Oh, that means Read The Whole Thing. I saw that on another blog, so I guess it's okay to use it.)

No comments: