Thursday, May 19, 2005

Yeah, that's why I don't need Sartre.

Or Heideggar or Kierkegaard.

You scored as Existentialist. Existentialism emphasizes human capability. There is no greater power interfering with life and thus it is up to us to make things happen. Sometimes considered a negative and depressing world view, your optimism towards human accomplishment is immense. Mankind is condemned to be free and must accept the responsibility.

Existentialist

81%

Cultural Creative

63%

Materialist

50%

Postmodernist

44%

Modernist

38%

Fundamentalist

38%

Idealist

31%

Romanticist

25%

What is Your World View? (corrected...again)
created with QuizFarm.com


I don't consider it a condemnation that we're free, I consider it a blessing, as is the responsibility that comes with it to make a good thing of yourself. Rather than a bad thing... or a dead thing.

2 comments:

Steve Burri said...

I can hardly believe how I was rated. But, then again, the wording of the questions left something to be desired.

'Cultural Creatives are probably the newest group to enter this realm. You are a modern thinker who tends to shy away from organized religion but still feels as if there is something greater than ourselves. You are very spiritual, even if you are not religious. Life has a meaning outside of the rational.'

Al said...

Actually, that's probably accurate for a Christian who's not "religious."

Have you ever read "How to be a Christian Without Being Religious?"

That book probably hit me at the most impressionable time of my life. I think I was about 10 or 11. Shortly after I'd read "101 Dalmations" ... the original story - before Disney butchered it - for the 10th time.