Thursday, June 01, 2006

My Father-in-law gave me a power mower.

My lawn was out of control. It's possible to keep control of a lawn with a reel-mower, but not if it rains for a week in the Spring. Once the grass goes to seed, it's pretty much impossible to get a reel-mower to cut it.

God bless my Father-in-law!

It's a 1971 Briggs and Stratton motor on a True Value body. I got out of the power-mowing racket because I couldn't work on my last one. The manual said that I should send it back to the manufacturer for the problem it had. BS!! It would cost as much as I paid for the mower to ship it back to them, let alone the the cost of the repair!

I brought that thing home and cut everything on my land down to two inches high. Now, if I feel like it, I can pull out the the reel-mower and keep up with the growth, but it took the 1971 gas mower to make that possible.

2 comments:

Omni said...

Did you edge and roll the lawn too? ;-)

Al said...

Those jobs are on my "someday" list.

The lawn is definitely rough.