Friday, March 30, 2007

People have been begging to know what my favorite song is.

The one I find myself singing or whistling the most often is:
Here Comes The Sun
(George Harrison)

Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right
Little darlin' it's been a long cold lonely winter
Little darlin' it feels like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right
Little darlin' the smiles returning to their faces
Little darlin' it seems like years since it's been here
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Sun, sun, sun, here it comes
Little darlin' I feel the ice is slowly meltin'
Little darlin' it seems like years since it's been clear
Here come the sun, here comes the sun
And I say it's all right
Here come the sun, here comes the sun
It's all right, it's all right

©1980 Southern Music/Northern Songs.

From the album "Flaming Schoolgirls"

Oh, whoops! I didn't notice I was on Joan Jett.com. Oh well, I like Joan Jett, too. Not as much as I like George Harrison. Though I'd probably refuse to sleep with George if he asked me to.

Especially these days.

2 comments:

The probligo said...

If "the most whistled" was the basis for my favourite tune I might end up with something like "Ich Habe Genug", or the "Music for the Royal Fireworks", or "Messiah" (that marvellous anthem to Zadok).

That perhaps is the key - the best whistling tunes are the simple ones. Certainly trying to whistle "Here Comes the Sun" is a whole lot easier than some of Fat Freddy's Drop tunes even though the latter are much better listening to my ear...

Al said...

"Messiah" is the "tune" we use to make up little songs around the house to get the kids to do things for us. [I used the "a" symbol up there around "Messiah" to see what the heck it did.]

There are a lot of tunes I start whistling and then realize that they sound like crap whistled. You can't whistle anything by Springsteen, for instance. "Born to Run" is probably my favorite song of all time, but you just can't whistle it.

Come to think of it, I just tried it and liked it. I'm thinking of "No Retreat, No Surrender."

Amusingly enough, Trent Lott has just come out with a book by that name that wouldn't be music to your ears. Or The Boss's either.