Wednesday, June 09, 2010

1989-2010. Not a bad run for an appliance.

It's my fault the old Shop-Vac died.  I left it outside to dry after vacuuming up water that might have had sulfuric acid in it.  It rained cats and dogs the next day.  The watersoftener ran yesterday and reflooded the low parts of the basement near the floor drain I was trying to unplug.  I plunged out the drain, which runs fine now, and went to get the Shop-Vac to clean up the bathroom rug.  Then I remembered that I'd left it out under the eaves in front of the garage door. 

I poured about a cup of water out of the motor compartment.  I gave her twenty-four hours with the dehumidifier to dry out.  It wasn't enough.  She lasted about five seconds after I turned her on before the motor burned out.  I should have blown her out with a blow dryer first.

No time to mourn.  I still have to get that rug dry.

No comments: