Monday, January 02, 2012

Well, Hey Howdy Y'all!

Haven't been here for a while!

I thought I'd post my Holiday pics here.
Yes, that's the dog under those clothes. I call this picture "Merry Christmas!"
Yay! Loot!
Christmas at Mom's; 700 miles south.

That's Mom, my brother-in-law, the older girl and my brother. I forgot to open the flash and the picture came out yellow and grainy, but, if you don't blow it up, it's kinda pretty.
'Liina got on my nephew's bull.

No! Wait! I forgot I'm an old geezer! He's my great nephew!
My sister's rooster. He's probably got a name, but I didn't catch it.
67°F out New Year's Eve. Then we drove back home to 18°F. Couple inches of snow on the driveway with ice underneath. Or about 19° and -8°C, respectively. I think I did my math right this time.

7 comments:

The probligo said...

That 19C on New Years Eve is not a lot less (3C less in fact) than the max afternoon temp in Opo. We had showers, cold SWers, after a week of rain and strong easterlies. Kerikeri, just 50km from where we were had 411mm (16 inches) of rain between Christmas and yesterday and most of that would have been in the first seven days. More to come this weekend.

Global warming is a myth??? :):)

Al said...

I thought I heard somebody talking about an El Nino this year. Have you heard that?

Al said...

Oh! I just checked it out. I guess we're having a La Nina right now. Supposed to be cold here. Forecast for today is mid to upper 40s. That's darn hot for January.

The probligo said...

The current La Nina started mid 2011. We had a fantastic late summer; drought conditions through to June. Very mild winter and spring with plenty water. Problem is it has just kept going.

I haven't looked out the stats but I suspect that this may be one of the strongest La Nina patterns since the early 60's.

I'm just out to enjoy everything while it lasts.

BTW good looking moko's you got there. I should post up some of ours. Eldest of them is now 7, youngest 3 months.

Al said...

Thank you. I'm very fond of them. I like to see yours.

Hey, we watched the movie "RED" while we were down in Oklahoma. My family and friends down there have an interesting reaction when they see it. I'd be interested to see if you do too.

The probligo said...

I'll see if I can track it down. It certainly did not reach general release in the local theatres.

From the brief I found on the net it does not sound like the kind of theatre I would go see from choice... but I am prepared to give it a try.

Leading my list for must-sees at the moment is "Melancholia", rated between 4 and 5 stars by the local pundits. Checkoff's "The Duel" will be considered.

See if you can track down "The Orator". We went see that before Christmas. A very gentle story but very well made. You might find the culture difference a bit hard to follow; Samoa is quite different underneath the face.

Al said...

Don't invest a ton of time or money into finding "RED". It's just a shoot-'em-up comedy. It has a character in it that reminds us of someone we know, is all. An over-the-top parody, sure, but not that far over.