Saturday, March 12, 2011

Ouch!

I don't want to be one of these kinds of philistines. What I really meant to say, originally, when I came up with my title, is that most people have a lot more going on in their minds than demonizers give them credit for.

I don't think I've proved that here, but I'll give her a bit more of a go before I give up the blog.

I picked up a movie at Half-Price Books about the original Philistines that I want to talk about, but I'll have to mull it over a bit more first.

1 comment:

The probligo said...

I confess I had wondered. But the character that came through these pages was too atypical by far so I assumed it was a leg-pull.

I like Goethe's definition -
"The Philistine not only ignores all conditions of life which are not his own but also demands that the rest of mankind should fashion its mode of existence after his own", and "What is a philistine? A hollow gut, full of fear and hope that God will have mercy!"

I go no further...