Thursday, March 23, 2006

Check out this goofball's review of a Wiggles DVD

Wiggling into Deeper Truths, October 17, 2005
Reviewer: viktor_57 "viktor_57" (Fairview, Your Favorite State, USA) - See all my reviews
After much pleading and prodding by my five-year-old son, I finally gave in and bought him "The Wiggles - Wiggle Time."

At first, I thought, "Oh no, another glibly tuneful romp through cartoonish juvenilia." But how wrong I was!

"The Wiggles" just may represent the only active, truly original modern art form practised by today's desiccated, so-called "artists". When one compares the underlying harmonic and polyphonic structure of a representative tune such as "hot potato dance," one realizes that such complexity and daring have never been heard since Strauss shocked even the jaded Parisians with "Salome"!

This is to take nothing away from the dance, however, which rivals anything ever choreographed by Balanchine. The dancers, eschewing the ambits of classical forms and steps, create their own pleitropic vocabulary of movements which bewilder the viewer with their genetic pregnancy.

Were this all that the "Wiggles" offered, one could easily imagine that their lack of immediate recognition for the geniuses that they are was due to the subtleties of their art and the jealousies of less talented peers. But only after viewing the disk repeatedly and incessantly (I had to purchase a second copy for myself) did I realize the entirety and awful enormity of the "Wiggles" experience. Such was my shock of insensing comprehension that I felt the universe close around me into a point of awareness centered on one sublime, beautiful, yet terrible truth. I struggled mightily to force order into the epiphany which the "Wiggles" graced upon me. But I could not.

Therefore, gentle reader, take heart from my woe. No measure of wisdom or beauty should cost a man his soul.

I like the Wiggles, too, man, but Good Gravy!

Update: don't miss his review of the Philips HeartStart Home Automated External Defibrillator (AED)

No comments: