Saturday, March 25, 2006

Don't Make Me Assume Leadership of All the Bourgeois Philistines of the World!

Do I have to write a manifesto?

Huh?

I'd be happy to take up the challenge. But I gotta tell ya: I'm a capitalist. It's a free competition. And there is no end.

AND... The Market determines the winner... The Market can change its mind.

And The Market is a better aggregator of human wisdom than any government has ever been, and is less fickle than any polity has ever been

AND... let me emphasize that I do not accept that the status quo is the best that The Market can do. I think that it will do better, and the freer it is allowed to be the faster it will pay off in greater freedoms.

WOD: pol·i·ty (pl-t)
n. pl. pol·i·ties
1. The form of government of a nation, state, church, or organization.
2. An organized society, such as a nation, having a specific form of government: "His alien philosophy found no roots in the American polity" New York Times.
I mean the second definition, of course - although, I suspect that debate may continue through The Millenium.

[I almost said The MNlenium. Texans are known as braggarts, but let me just spill the beans on Minnesotans: We (or they-I'm originally a Cheesehead-are certain that we're better than everyone else--hence the term "MNlenium" would be taken amiss by few Minnesota churches. I welcome a survey on the matter.)

No comments: